- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Department of Administration

IDOA > Travel Services Travel Services

Travel Services

Notice of New Travel Services Processes

IDOA has contracted with Corporate Travel Management (CTM) to provide travel services to the state. Effective August 1, 2014, all travel services will be handled by CTM.

To make a reservation online using GetThere, visit and login using the ID and password provided to you by CTM. If login information was not provided, you may register a new profile through the site.

For assistance using the online tool, contact CTM’s online team at or (206) 674-4441.

For offline assistance or reservations, you may contact CTM at or 1 (855) 416-3902. The phone number and e-mail address are specific to the state of Indiana’s account.

After Hours Emergency Travel Service: 1 (800) 358-1125, Code S-5CWG

Note: The state incurs a usage fee for any reservation made online through GetThere or offline through CTM’s representatives. Out-of-state travel must be arranged through one of these methods. However, for in-state travel, hotel reservations of less than 10 rooms can be made directly with the hotels. For instructions on reservations of 10 or more rooms, please see below.

Training Materials

Training materials for GetThere have been added to the links below.

  • GetThere Quick Reference Guide | Download
  • GetThere Demonstration Video | .swf 
  • PeopleSoft Travel and Expense Documentation
  • PeopleSoft Out-of-State Travel Authorization Quick Guide |.pdf
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)| .pdf
  • Profiles

    There are two types of profile types within GetThere: planners and travelers. Planners are able to make reservations on behalf of those whose profiles are linked to theirs. Travelers are only able to make reservations for themselves.

    Unlike with Trip Manager, there are no limitations on the number of profiles the State may create, and all profiles are permanent until actively deleted. Anyone can create a traveler profile by registering an account on the GetThere Indiana homepage (see link above). To link a new traveler account to its appropriate planner(s), be sure to complete the travel planner fields at the bottom of the registration form. CTM will take this submission, find the planner profiles associated with the names provided and link the new traveler to that planner, or planners.

    The Travel Management Office:

  • Assists state employees with business travel arrangements.
  • Enforces state travel rules and regulations.
  • Works to minimize state business travel costs.
  • The Travel Management Office also drafts and implements policies dealing with state employee business travel.

    All out-of-state business travel by state employees, board and commission members, persons under contract with the state, and all others seeking state travel reimbursement must be reviewed and approved by the Travel Management Office. Those seeking to travel out of state must complete the Authorization for Out of State Travel, available below.

    Hotel, Parking, and Mileage Rates

  • The current in-state lodging rate is $89 per night plus all applicable tax.
  • The maximum base rate for airport parking is $9 a day; however, if the facility charges airport fees and gas surcharges those may be reimbursed with an itemized receipt.
  • The mileage reimbursement rate is 44 cents per mile for all business miles driven.
  • Mileage Reimbursement Calculator
  • Enterprise Car Rental
  • Non-State Employee Authorization Forms and Instructions

    Instructions for Out of State Travel Authorization (Revised 4/23/2013) 

  • Authorization for Out of State Travel: xls | pdf
    All state employees who are scheduled to travel outside of Indiana on state business must complete an Authorization for Out of State Travel form prior to their departure (State Form 823). The form outlines the employees expected itinerary as well as estimated travel expenses. Instructions detailing how this form should be completed are available above.  Although the five-part carbon set form is no longer required, the document (State Form 823 i.e “G-10”) must be provided with original signature with all supporting documentation, as required by policy, and submitted for approval.  Original signatures are required in IDOA files, but are not required in your agency records.
  • Travel Reimbursement Forms

    Travel Voucher
    A Travel Voucher must be submitted after a state employee returns from business-related state travel. The travel voucher enables the employee to recoup actual travel-related expenses and enables the state to attribute those expenses to the appropriate state account.

    Certification for Missing Receipt
    The Certification for Missing Receipt form enables state employees who have traveled on behalf of the state to apply for reimbursement without a substantiating receipt.


    State Travel Policy

  • State Resources Policy
  • Employee Mileage Reimbursement Memo
  • Agency Travel Coordinator Protocol
  • All forms must be submitted to the IDOA Travel Office for approval. Incomplete forms may be delayed or may be returned to the submitting employee for completion.

    Group Reservations

    All reservations of 10 or more rooms must go through CTM, when the State is covering the costs of the rooms. To begin this process, complete the Group Hotel Request Form in the Resources section of the CTM website. The submission will be sent to CTM, whose staff will begin a request for quote process with hotels meeting your criteria. Once the requesting agency reviews the responses and chooses a hotel, the agency is to complete a contract with the awarded hotel, using the State’s contract for services boilerplate. For any questions on this process, please contact Kevin Kane,


    John Purdy
    Travel Manager
    Phone: (317) 232-4258
    Fax: (317) 232-7312

    Corporate Travel Management (CTM)
    Phone: (855) 416-3902