Table of Contents
Managed Service Provider
The State of Indiana has contracted with Guidesoft, Inc. d.b.a. Knowledge Services for Managed Service Provider (MSP) services.
In its MSP role, Knowledge Services works with purchasing, human resources and the various Agency managers, as well as any other support Agencies, to relieve the burden of procurement and administration of Information Administrative Clerical (Admin), Technology (IT) and Medical contingent labor.
The local and dedicated MSP Program Team, provide State Managers and Vendors responsiveness, resource quality, problem resolution and escalation support. Knowledge Services, as the single point of contact for Admin, IT and Medical contingent labor for State of Indiana Agency, is also responsible for managing Vendors supplying and supporting Admin, IT and Medical contingent labor for the State.
In addition, Knowledge Services manages Statement of Work (SOW) projects that are $500K or less (information here)
The rates for contingent labor indicate the maximum bill rates for each job position and titles. These rates may be used by any and all state agencies, political subdivisions and other governmental bodies within the state of Indiana.
Goals of the MSP
- Adding value in the areas of contingent worker procurement and utilization
- Reducing the costs associated with contingent engagement and management
- Providing one-point-of-contact for securing temporary labor, minimizing the time spent engaging contingent resources and ensuring compliance with the state policies and procedures
- Developing processes and policies that ensure compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Tracking, monitoring and managing Vendor performance
- Providing reports that will help the state with budgeting and give visibility into its contingent workforce spending
- Aligning all job descriptions with associated qualifications and experience levels with state job classifications
- Increasing the overall quality and speed of supplemental staff replacements
- Allowing other governmental entities to utilize the MSP Program and contracted rates
Process for Securing Administrative Clerical Temporary Personnel
- The Agency Manager completes the Job Posting Questionnaire. Please call/email one of the Knowledge Services’ MSP Program Team for questions and guidance (contact information below)
- The Agency Manager emails the form to the local MSP Program Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The local MSP Program Team must post position within 4 hours of receipt for standard job orders and 2 hours for urgent job orders
- The local MSP Program Team emails notifications to all the Vendors
- The Vendors submit bids
- The local MSP Program Team waits until the posting expires, then reviews the resumes and selects the top Candidates to present to the Agency Manager
- The Agency Manager reviews, interviews, and recommends the Candidate for selection, and notifies the local MSP Program Team of those rejected and why
- The local MSP Program Team notifies the Vendor of the selected Candidate
- The local MSP Program Team notifies the Vendors of the Candidates not selected
- The local MSP Program Team arranges the start date
- The Agency Manager initiates the standard process for creating and expediting a Purchase Order. Time cannot be entered into dotStaff™ until is activated
- Time is entered daily or weekly on-line by the Resource in through the dotStaff™ system (see Resource Get Started Guide)
- The Agency Managers approve time online on the Monday following the previous week’s time entered (see State of Indiana Get Started Guide)
- Invoices are generated Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m.
Process for Hiring Temporary Personnel as State Employees: AVOID COSTLY FEES
- The Local MSP Team will provide the number of hours the Resource has provided services to the state. Contact Brittany Sullivan (email@example.com | (317) 234-6906)
- The Local MSP Team will determine if a conversion fee will be owed based on the Executed Contract (Exhibit A-1, Paragraph 5)
- If a fee will be owed, Brittany Sullivan will discuss possible options with the Agency Manager and/or the Local MSP Program Team
- If no fee will be owed, Brittany Sullivan will coordinate the conversion with the Local MSP Program Team
Local Indiana MSP Team