- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Department of Insurance

IDOI > Producer and Agency Licensing > Agents > Resident Licensing > Moving to Indiana Moving to Indiana

Producers moving to Indiana from other states must satisfy all licensing requirements applicable to resident agents. However, if the new resident producer was previously licensed for the same line(s) of authority in another state, he/she will be exempt from any pre-licensing education and examination requirements if:

  • Application is made within 90 days of establishing residence in Indiana
  • The applicant was currently licensed in another state or cancelled the previous license not more than 90 days prior to submitting the application
  • The applicant submits clearance letter from their former state of residence indicating the applicant was, at the time of cancellation, in good standing in that state
  • The applicant submits to IDOI an application, the clearance letter and a check for $40

After IDOI receives these forms and the applicant's fee, a new license can be printed off at