- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana Department of Insurance

IDOI > Producer and Agency Licensing > 'Business Entities (Agencies) > Non-Resident Licensing > Non-Resident Business Entity Licensing Non-Resident Business Entity Licensing

Indiana Code IC 27-1-15.6-6 requires a business entity, before acting as an insurance producer, to obtain an insurance producer license. Indiana issues business entity producer licenses to corporations, partnerships (general and limited), and limited liability companies. Indiana does not issue licenses to sole proprietors unless they have a tax identification number other than the social security number. A non-resident license is issued for the same lines of authority as issued in the non-resident home state. The lines of authority include Life only; Accident and Health; Life, Accident and Health; Property and Casualty; Title.

The following requirements must be met to obtain a non-resident business entity (agency) producer license:

  1. Designate an individual licensed producer who will be responsible for the business entity's compliance with the insurance laws and administrative rules of Indiana.
  2. Complete the license application (paper or electronic through Sircon or NIPR)
  3. Pay the application fee of $90.00

Should the designated producer need to be licensed, it is suggested that both the individual application and the entity license application be submitted at the same time. Registering with the Secretary of State is not required prior to submitting the non-resident business entity application. However, the entity should contact the Secretary of State prior to conducting business in Indiana.