Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
A business entity may apply for a resident independent adjuster license by submitting:
(1) a uniform business entity application to the commissioner with a declaration, under penalty of suspension, revocation, or refusal of licensure, that the statements made in the application are true and complete to the best knowledge of the individual submitting the application on behalf of the business entity;
(2) an application fee of forty dollars ($40); and
(3) the name, address, Social Security number, and criminal and administrative history of each of the following:
(A) An owner that has a least ten percent (10%) interest or voting interest in the business entity.
(B) A partner of the business entity.
(C) A executive officer of the business entity.
(D) A director of the business entity.
The application will be aproved upon finding all of the following:
(1) The business entity is eligible to designate Indiana as the business entity's home state.
(2) The business entity has designated an individual independent adjuster licensed under this chapter to be responsible for the business entity's compliance with Indiana insurance law.
(3) The business entity has not committed any act that is grounds for probation, suspension, revocation or refusal of an independent adjuster license.
The commissioner may require a business entity applying under this section to produce any documents reasonably necessary to verify the information contained in the application.
A paper application is available at: NAIC BE Adjuster Application.