The rebuilding of I-80/94 (Borman Expressway) between the Indiana/Illinois state line and I-65 has been completed and all lanes are open to traffic. The highway is expected to handle traffic volumes for 20 years and features:
- More lanes - for a total of four through lanes in each direction.
- New collector-distributor lanes to help motorists easily enter and exit the highway.
- Lengthened interchange ramps and new bridges to maximize vehicle flow.
- Enhanced lighting and improved drainage.
- INDOT TrafficWise
- Indiana Toll Road
- Northwest Indiana Traffic Cameras
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Michigan Department of Transportation
- Lake Michigan Interstate Gateway Alliance
- Motor Carrier Permits- Indiana Motor Carrier Services Web Site. Oversize / Overweight Permits, Superloads over 200,000 lbs, Fuel Tax Information, Single State Rep. Receipts, Fuel Permits & Tax, Intra-State Authority 317-615-7320 Dept. of Revenue.
General trucking information, roadside inspections, hazardous waste, size/weight regulations 317-615-7373 Indiana State Police (motor carrier division). Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Annual Inspections, Audits on Trucking Companies, Federal Regulations, DOT Numbers, Drug Testing, ICC Authority 317-226-7474 (U.S. Department of Transportation)
Indiana Department of Transportation-LaPorte District
315 E. Boyd Blvd.
LaPorte, IN 46350