- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana Public Retirement System

Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST

Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) > My Fund > Public Employees > Confidentiality of Fund Records Confidentiality of Fund Records

Your records are protected by law.[1] The law aligns the PERF and TRF confidentiality rules and provides, when legally necessary, that INPRS can provide member information to the following:

  • members of the Indiana General Assembly,
  • state agencies,
  • quasi-governmental agencies,
  • any person with the member's written permission,
  • an active member's employer,
  • a deceased member's beneficiary, according to a small estate affidavit or probate affidavit,
  • to follow state or federal law, a subpoena, legal discovery[2] or other court order.

INPRS will only do so when it is legally necessary.

The Administrative Review Process

Appeals of PERF and TRF initial determination will be heard by an Administrative Law Judge in compliance with the Indiana Administrative Orders and Procedures Act. See IC 4-21.5 for more information.

You must have standing as a party (be affected by a matter that requires legal resolution) or a right to intervention to request administrative review. The steps of administrative review are here.

The appeal process will allow for additional evidence to be presented by all parties. The Administrative Law Judge will submit findings to INPRS. INPRS will review the findings of the Administrative Law Judge and issue a final determination. All parties will be advised of the final determination.

Keep us informed

It’s vital that you keep us up-to-date about changes to your name, phone number, email address, mailing address or beneficiaries.

You can update this information when you register for your INPRS online account. Changing your information with your employer will not update the information with us. You need to contact us directly. This is the only way to update your personal information.

You can change your address or beneficiary using your online account once you've registered. Or, if you prefer to make your changes in writing, go here to print the form, complete it and return to us.

To change your name, you must complete the Member Data Change form. You can only submit requests for change of name in writing. Legal documentation such as a court order, divorce decree, or marriage license is required when you submit your change.

How to contact us:

If you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at (888) 286-3544. We are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.

Be sure to read your quarterly newsletter for the latest updates on your plan. You can also connect with us on social media via FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

[2] Under the Indiana trial rules or Orders and Procedures Act

Every attempt has been made to verify that the information in this handbook is correct and up-to-date. Published content does not constitute legal advice. If a conflict arises between information contained in this publication and the law, the applicable law shall apply.

Return to PERF main page | Return to TRF main page