You will need to submit information to the Fund at least 90 days before you plan to retire. To process your retirement benefit, you will need the following information:
- application for retirement benefits,
- copy of your birth certificate, registration from the public health department, court decree, or other evidence relating to your date of birth upon board approval, and
- tax withholding forms (state and federal),
- if married, copy of your spouse’s birth certificate, and
- request for direct deposit of your benefit.
You will only be taxed on your benefit payments when you receive your distribution.
Survivor Benefit Application
To process your survivor benefit, you must submit the following information:
- survivor benefit application,
- copy of your marriage certificate and confirmation that the deceased was married to you at the time of death (for surviving spouse claims),
- birth certificates of any survivors, (for surviving child claims) and
- death certificate of deceased member,
- picture ID,
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate of member, if not already on file at INPRS, and
- request for direct deposit of benefits.
Section Six: Distribution of Member Contributions