- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.


Agency Links Links
Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST

Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS) > My Fund > Teachers > TRF Member Handbook: General Information TRF Member Handbook: General Information

Access to Records

Your records are confidential by law. INPRS will only release your name and years of service.

We can provide information from your records to you, or to one of the following:

  • a guardian,
  • a representative of your estate,
  • an attorney-in-fact (aka Power of Attorney or POA),
  • someone to whom you have given written permission, or
  • someone named by a court order.

Your records can be released to you or one of the people listed above. You will not need to fill out a request for Access to Public Records to get information. You can:

Indiana Public Retirement System
One North Capitol, Suite 001
Indianapolis, IN 46204


Your legally appointed guardian[1] may act on your behalf. You must provide a “Letter of Guardianship” or other court document. The document must identify your guardian and state his or her powers.

NOTE: We do not recognize any acts made by a guardian that are not consistent with guardianship.

Power of Attorney

We will honor requests and direction on your behalf from a lawful holder of a Power of Attorney (POA) document. This person is known as the “attorney-in-fact.” The Power of Attorney document must say this person has the right to act on your behalf for specific actions. We must have an approved POA on file at INPRS. If not, requests made on your behalf will be denied.

If you only want a Power of Attorney to act on your behalf for your TRF account, we can provide you a “Power of Attorney Affidavit”. This can only be used for your TRF account.

NOTE: You retain the right to act on your own behalf. This is true even if you have an attorney-in-fact.

Supplemental Group Health Insurance

INPRS offers a Medicare supplemental group health insurance plan. You qualify if you are 65 and over and are a TRF member or a spouse. We will send you the information on the plan when you turn 65. The details include options and costs. You can also request the information by calling us at (888) 286-3544.

If you are a TRF member under age 65, you may still qualify. If you are under age 65, you must receive a disability benefit to participate in the plan.

For more information, contact Anthem Insurance at (866) 649-2041.

[1] A guardian is appointed by the court to oversee the legal and financial affairs (and/or the personal care) of a minor (under 18 years of age) or of an adult who is not able to manage personal affairs due to a physical or mental disability.

Go to Confidentiality of Fund Records page.