In August of 2010, the State of Indiana began a pilot program for a Managed Print Services initiative. This initiative, known as Smart Printing Agencies (SPA), strives to reduce cost and increase efficiency, further optimizing the state’s document output within the day-to-day office environment, ultimately better serving Hoosier taxpayers. The SPA Team, composed of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Office of Technology (IOT), the Department of Administration (IDOA), and the Commission on Public Records (ICPR) will implement this concept throughout the government campus, while instituting guidelines to statewide users.
- Optimization of printing to best business and security practices
- Print will be routed to least cost devices
- Defaulted standardizations such as black & white output, duplex, etc.
- Print security will be increased via secure print
- Environmental improvements due to reduction of carbon foot print & electrical savings
- Campus savings for agencies estimate of $1 Million per year
Please direct questions to: SmartPrintServices@idoa.in.gov