State of IN.gov Presentation on 12/10 @ 1 p.m.
The 2008 State of IN.gov presentation will be held December 10, 2008, at 1 p.m. in the IGCS Auditorium. This year's presentation will include a quick recap of the IN.gov Program's efforts and accomplishments over the past 12 months as well as details about IN.gov's 2009 goals, including
- Real Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds
- Application Development Framework
- Customer Service Improvements
- Governance Council changes
IN.gov To Republish Sites During FAQ Enhancement Process
On October 14, IN.gov staff will begin contacting each state agency that uses RightNow frequently asked questions (FAQs) on its site. Over the coming months, each agency WebCMS site will require an entire site republish in order to move forward enhancements to the dynamically-driven FAQ system. The process involves a change to a key piece of the content management system that displays the FAQs, and it is vital that IN.gov staff coordinate the republish with each agency to ensure the content contained in WebCMS is current and ready for public view.
The enhancements made to the FAQ system will allow agencies to drill down their agency-specific FAQs to division-specific FAQs, making IN.gov and agency sites even more topic-driven and user-friendly. If your agency has questions or concerns about the republish or would like more informaiton about the FAQ system enhancements, please contact Alvin Wilson.
IN.gov Explores WebTrends Analytics Upgrade
IN.gov Program staff recently distributed a Web survey via e-mail to gauge interest in upgrading the state's WebTrends Analytics package to include more advanced tracking features, including
- Campaign Analysis - displays activity originating from a marketing campaign; allows for comparative analysis to compare campaign effectiveness.
- Conversion Tracking - tracks the series of steps that move a visitor toward a specified conversion event, such as an order or registration signup.
- Scenario Analysis - shows the amount of activity at each step of a defined scenario, such as check-out, registration, or application sequences.
Should IN.gov proceed with an upgrade, the Advanced Marketing Package would be considered an IN.gov Premium Service. Agencies will be informed about the final upgrade decision no later than December 10, 2008. To provide IN.gov with your agency's feedback, please complete the Web survey, which will be available until October 20, 2008.