Beginning March 2009, IN.gov will be an Official Promoter of Wireless AMBER Alerts™
What could be worse than that feeling of dread when even for a few seconds, you lose sight of your child? Just imagine the feeling if your child were actually taken.
Now there’s a way for you to use your cell phone to help in the search for an abducted child in your area. To help expedite the search for an abducted child, the wireless industry, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® (NCMEC) and the U.S. Department of Justice have partnered to provide Wireless AMBER Alerts™.
We will be placing information on the IN.gov homepage beginning March 2009. If your agency is interested in promoting this service, please contact the IN.gov staff to discuss placing a billboard or widget onto your Web site.
WebCMS Tips and Tricks..
Following are tips provided by WebCMS technicians from the IN.gov staff.
- Optimize images for WebCMS using an appropriate graphics program. Doing so, will change both the image’s dimensions and file size. Publishing images and relying on WebCMS to size them will only change the space allocated for the image by the browser without adjusting the actual file size. Image quality will suffer when small images are made larger by relying on attributes applied by WebCMS. Large images scaled down using attributes applied by WebCMS will retain the original file size and consequently adversely affect download times. Width and height attributes should always match the image’s actual dimensions.
- Remove Microsoft Word formatting from your HTML code by pasting to Notepad. Next, copy the code from Notepad and paste it into the WebCMS text editor.
- Release multiple pages for publication or approval by clicking the Tasks button on the WebCMS left navigation pane.
- Create breaks without empty paragraphs within the WebCMS text editor by using ctrl & enter on your keyboard.
- Visit the WebCMS Training site for more information and to submit your suggestions and feedback specific to WebCMS.