Before the system infrastructure is installed, IPSC field coordinators work with local agency commanders, communications directors and elected officials to determine specific coverage needs in a jurisdiction.
This is part of a process that is designed to ensure that first responders have the best possible coverage from the network. Before system design is completed each jurisdiction is offered an opportunity to discuss its coverage needs, so that those priorities can be reflected in the system design.
- Evaluate communication sites for use in the SAFE-T network. To keep costs down, the IPSC will use as many existing communication sites as possible.
- Help identify potential funding sources for purchasing user equipment.
- Conduct a detailed design review (DDR), which finalizes locations where infrastructure equipment is placed to maximize radio coverage.
- Acquire licenses and permits for system frequencies.
- Install infrastructure equipment.
- Integrate user equipment onto the network.