Region 2 Updates
- COALITION BUILDING TOOLS: Report | Asset List | More Info
- *UPDATED* ACTION PLAN: The Region 2 Works Council Action Plan to help enhance local CTE efforts
- ANALYSIS: Region 2 Labor Market Demand & Talent Supply Analysis
- Staff Member: Natalie Wenzler, NWenzler@dwd.IN.gov, 317-504-9452
Region 2 Updates
- Warsaw Community Schools' Innovative CTE Curriculum grant funding used to renovate and update facilities. Click here for photos and further information
- Fairfield Junior-High School's Innovative CTE Curriculum grant courses are underway! Click here for photos and a grant overview
- The South Bend Community School Corporation's CTE Department, in partnership with nearly 20 manufacturing facilities, Ivy Tech Community College and the St. Joe Co. Chamber of Commerce, hosted nearly 500 students for Manufacturing Day events...learn more
- OrthoWorx announces an Innovative Careers Pathway Program to be held on April 20 at Ivy Tech in Warsaw. Click here for the event agenda
About the Indiana Works Councils
The Regional Works Councils were created by unanimous vote during the 2013 legislative session. Each of the 11 council are comprised of approximately 15 local education and workforce leaders from within their respective region. The Works Councils are charged with facilitating sector partnerships within their region and enhancing the career readiness of Hoosier adults and high school students through the development and support of innovative career and technical education (CTE) curricula. This is achieved by expanding new approaches toward earning industry-recognized certifications, increasing dual credits attainment, and creating both project-based learning and work-based learning opportunities designed to align curriculum with regional workforce needs.
The Regional Works Councils staff provides each council with administrative support, consultation services, grant administration, project management, and board instruction and development. The staff also collaborates the efforts of each council through the development of best practices and the planning of regional and statewide conferences.
Two Plan A's
"All students deserve the same opportunity for success, whether they want to go to college or start their career right out of high school. This is not about a Plan A and a Plan B –this is about two Plan A’s.” ~ Governor Mike Pence