Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Benefits to Indiana
Expansion of the Indiana Convention Center
- Adds as many as 28 major conventions and trade shows
- Creates 2,700 additional jobs
- Produces as much as $165 million in new sales and economic activity per year
New Multi-Purpose Stadium
- 40 year deal with the NCAA allowing for the hosting of the Men's and Women's Final Four, regional games, and 1st and 2nd round games
- Major collegiate athletic events such as the Circle City Classic and IHSAA state football championship games
- A new home for the Indianapolis Colts
- Makes Indianapolis eligible to bid for the chance to host a Super Bowl (potential economic impact of $286,000,000)
- Like the existing RCA Dome, Lucas Oil Stadium will be an integral part of the Indiana Convention Center
Nearly 10,000 jobs created from both projects
- 4,200 permanent jobs
- 4,900 construction jobs
Estimated $2,250,000,000 added to the state and regional economy during the first 10 years both facilities are up and running
Keeps Indianapolis as one of the top convention and tradeshow destinations in America
© 2005-2007. Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority. All rights reserved. No copies or distribution permitted absent written permission.
Lucas Oil® and Lucas Oil Stadium™ are trademarks of Lucas Oil Products, Inc.