Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana State Department of Agriculture
Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest
The Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest has been part of the Department since 2008. These photos are a powerful testament of this hardworking community and the invaluable contributions of our Hoosier farmers.
2014 Photo Contest
All shutterbugs! Enter the 2014 Indiana State Department of Agriculture Photo Contest!
Contest winners will have their winning photographs framed and featured in the Offices of the Lt. Governor’s Family of Business in Indianapolis as well as be the special guests of ISDA at this year’s Indiana State Fair, where they will be recognized at the Celebration of Agriculture event.
Criteria, Guidelines, and Prize
Participants are encouraged to submit photos that are reflective of our changing seasons. We also encourage both horizontal and vertical photos that capture a wide variety of all agriculture sectors, including but not limited to livestock, specialty crops, cover crops and renewable fuels. Contest winners will be the special guests of ISDA at the Indiana State Fair, where they will be recognized at the Celebration of Agriculture event.
- Conservation: landscape, water and wildlife
- Agritourism: destination agriculture, including products from orchards, wineries, and flower gardens
- Faces of Agriculture: photos featuring people engaged in the activities of daily farm life and/or giving non-ag audiences a deeper understanding of Indiana agriculture
- On the Farm: buildings, animals and equipment
- This Contest is open to the general public; however, ISDA staff and immediate family are not eligible to participate.
- All photos must be taken in Indiana
- Applicants may submit up to 5 entries in digital form only.
- Applicants may only submit each photo once and it should be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Photos should be submitted in TIFF (preferred at 300 DPI or JPG format at 150 DPI)
- Fill out the 2014 Photo Contest Entry and Release Form
- All images and entry forms must be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- Entries must be received by June 1, 2014
- ISDA will confirm each entry’s appropriate contest category upon receipt.
- All photographs must be your own original creation. Photos that have been digitally altered, as determined by ISDA as going beyond standard optimization, will be disqualified.
All contest submissions will be considered for future ISDA publications, web sites and newsletters.
Photo Contest Winners