Updated ISDA Goals include:
- To be a statewide leader in economic development, encouraging and promoting growth in the state via job creation and revenue enhancement in all agricultural sectors, including the attraction and starting of sophisticated, value-added agribusinesses.
- Making ISDA the first point of contact for advocacy, planning and zoning and regulatory coordination issues under our jurisdiction.
- ISDA's DCS will increase agriculture economic benefits by assisting Indiana' farmers to practice advanced agronomic technologies in order to protect and improve soil and water quality.
- 10 percent increase in Indiana Agriculture's share of the national agricultural GDP by year end, 2016.
- Each year Indiana's agriculture annual export numbers will exceed that of the national average.
- Agriculture employment numbers in the state will reach the 2007 employment numbers by year end, 2016.