Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Education and Support
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) - ADA is the nation's leading 501(c)3 nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy. For parents and kids learn about the basics of diabetes treatment and what to expect in the months and years ahead.
- "Blood Sugar & Fears" - A new CDC video that details how more than one quarter of U.S. adults have pre-diabetes, which puts them at high-risk for developing type 2 diabetes. The brief 4-minute video explains how weight loss and regular physical activity can reduce the risk by nearly 60%. -Learn how to reduce your risk
- Diabetes Care During Natural Disasters - Important information for people with diabetes on how to prepare for natural disasters.
- Diabetes & H1N1 - Important information for people with diabetes
- "Dining with Diabetes" - A cooking school program for people with diabetes and their families. People interested in this program should contact their county Purdue Extension Office and ask to speak to the Consumer and Family Sciences Extension Educator.
- Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation (ITPC) - exists to prevent and reduce the use of all tobacco products in Indiana and to protect citizens from exposure to tobacco smoke.
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline - This website provides more information on the free phone-based counseling service that helps Indiana smokers quit.
- Joslin Diabetes Center - Web site provides general diabetes information (English and Spanish versions).
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International (JDRF) - Information on juvenile diabetes.
- Lilly Diabetes - Web site provides information on general diabetes information, on taking insulin, and controlling blood sugar levels.
- National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP) Materials - NDEP is the leading Federal government public education program that promotes diabetes prevention and control.
- Take Control of your Diabetes - A brochure by the Indiana DPCP and ITPC that provides individuals with a diabetes control check-list of health care tests/guidelines. English Version & Spanish Version
- Tobacco & Diabetes - A brochure by the Indiana DPCP and ITPC that shows the linkage between diabetes risk and tobacco use. English Version & Spanish Version