CHSPAC Meeting Minutes April 15, 2009
Comprehensive HIV Services Planning and Advisory Council
2 North Meridian Street, 6-C
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
CHSPAC Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
12:30p.m. – 3:30p.m.
Dipuo G. Manamela
Yvette Paniagua April Grudi
Kevin Johnson Brian Amador
Kelli Barker (Kristen Arnold)
Kris Wise [Proxy: T. Bauer]
| Debra Stanley
Joseph Ferguson [Proxy: T. Bauer]
Erika Chapman Social Health Foundation Staff
Sara Bradley Shawn Carney Lisa Lloyd
Meeting began at 12:30 p.m. The mission statement was read by Brian Amador and quorum was established.
October minutes were approved as written.
Membership Overview – Matrix
We are about at 90% full on the council. All Care Coordination seats have been filled but we still need help with geographic areas. We have applications for region 7 and region 2. The CAB is supposed to comprise 33% of the Matrix. We have 2 new members, Bridgette McLaurin who is representing the Mental Health Service Provider seat, and Sheila Rudolph who will be representing the Substance Abuse Service Provider seat.
ISDH Division Report
- We have received part of the Part B reward. It was $170,000 dollars more than last year.
- We are still waiting for the supplemental.
- We have anywhere from 20 to 40 on the wait list.
- Care Coordination and the SPSP grant year starts in July and the contracts have been written.
- There will be no carry over money.
Committee Status Updates
- There was a conference call held March 13, 2009.
- The grantee profile has been updated.
- Gina completed the assignment and will forward it onto Lisa .
- Isaac Spain and Amy Kay reviewed section 5 and wants wording changed in Section 5 page 22.
- The State Wide needs assessment has been mailed out to approximately 2300 people. Please encourage them to fill these surveys out.
- The surveys have been translated into Spanish and Rachel will review the translation so that we can get those surveys out to approximately 200 people for their input.
- Trying to reach the people who have checked that they wish not to receive mail so that they can also have their input on these surveys.
- The care sites should have a stack of the needs assessment so that they can encourage and assist people help them filling them out.
- Jody stated that Care Coordination voted unanimously that they didn’t want them at their care sites.
- Only HIV providers will receive the provider survey.
- Walgreens was able to secure 75 gift cards for the focus groups.
- Had a conference call on March 23, 2009.
- The committee approved 2 new members.
- There will be a Consumer Forum held in Merrillville on March 28, 2009. Kristi Montgomery will be presenting the findings from the 2nd Quarter Survey “Engagement of Care”.
Review of 2007 Clinical Quality Management Report
Shawn did a presentation on the 2007 Clinical Quality Management Report.
French Lick Retreat – Membership Feedback – The consensus was that the retreat in French Lick was a positive experience. Lisa has placed the retreat presentation in your binders.
Social Health Foundation – Presentation – The AmeriCorps Team in Indianapolis’s goal is to provide HIVAIDS Awareness. A documentary on people living with HIV/AIDS will be filmed. They will be getting assistance from Dr. Virginia Cain. They have raise about 85% of their goal. The film will be out June 25, 2009.
Hepatitis Presentation – Erika Chapman gave an overview on the ISDH Adult Viral Hepatitis Prevention Program.
(See power point documentation).
Spotlight will start at 7:30 p.m. April 20, 2009, the price is $37.50 and you can go to Ticket master to purchase tickets. Dining out for Life is April 30, 2009.
Meeting adjourned at 3:21 p.m.