Recognition of the Signs of Stroke 5 major symptoms
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or difficulty understanding speech.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance, or lack of coordination.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
*CALL 9-1-1 if you or someone else has any of these symptoms.
Are you at Risk?
- CONDITIONS: High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Sickle Cell Disease
- BEHAVIORS: Unhealthy Diet, Physical Inactivity, Obesity, Too Much Alcohol, Tobacco Use
- FAMILY HISTORY & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS: Age, Sex, Race or Ethnicity
Take a Step to Prevent Stroke (Prevention)
- Eat a healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid tobacco
- Limit alcohol use
- Control blood pressure
- Check cholesterol
- Manage diabetes
- Manage heart disease
American Stroke Association
National Stroke Association
AHA Stroke Statements & Guidelines
National Stroke Association Online Stroke Caregiver Community
Indiana Association for Home & Hospice Care