The Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes Section's mission is to reduce the burden of diabetes in Indiana through data surveillance, health communications, health systems development, and development and implementation of community interventions and programs.
The Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes Section' vision is a state where the public is fully aware of the impact of diabetes; all patients with diabetes are receiving high quality care wherever they are in the state regardless of race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status; and patients with diabetes enjoy the best quality of life possible.
Are you at risk?
- Aged 45 years or older
- Lack of exercise
- Unhealthy diet
- Family history
Do you know the symptoms of diabetes?
- Frequent urination
- Weight loss
- Lack of energy
- Excessive thirst
How can you prevent diabetes and/or complications from diabetes?
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a healthy diet
- Become physically active
- Avoid tobacco
- Have blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol checked regularly
- Resources for Businesses and Community Organizations
- Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Resources for People with Diabetes and their Families