Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana State Department of Health
Novel Influenza H7N9
H7N9 Charts, Graphs and Pictures
State and Local Health Department Resources
H7N9 Influenza Key Points
- On Friday, April 12, 2013, CDC posted a Flu Spotlight: “Additional H7N9 Cases Reported in China; CDC Receives H7N9 Virus Isolate.” The spotlight is available here.
- On April 11, 2013, the New England Journal of Medicine published two pieces related to H7N9 influenza.
- An article entitled “Human Infection with a Novel Avian-Origin Influenza A (H7N9) Virus” describes the epidemiologic, clinical and laboratory analysis of the first three human cases of avian influenza A (H7N9) virus infection detected in China.
- A commentary by CDC authors entitled, “Global Concerns Regarding Novel Influenza A (H7N9) Virus Infections,” identifies some unique characteristics of H7N9 influenza and highlights CDC’s preparedness efforts to learn more about H7N9 and its potential as a public health threat.
- CDC will provide updated information on the H7N9 situation as it becomes available here.
- Additional information related to these cases is updated by the World Health Organization (WHO) here.