Water and Wastewater Division
Welcome to the IURC’s Water/Wastewater Division webpage. Here you will find rate comparison data, utility tariffs, 30-day filings, lists of jurisdictional and withdrawn utilities, industry reports, national issues affecting Indiana, as well as administrative materials and forms for regulated utilities.
Our Water/Wastewater Division monitors and evaluates regulatory and policy initiatives as well as water utility performance for reliability and service quality. Additionally, the division reviews and analyzes water/sewer utility proceedings before the IURC. These proceedings can be complex, sometimes taking 12-18 months to complete, and may include such issues as rate changes (including general rate changes, distribution system improvement charges, and periodic trackers), certificates of territorial authority for not-for-profit and investor-owned utilities, mergers and acquisitions, service area matters, as well as conservation initiatives.
Rates, Charges, Rules, and Regulations
- Residential Bill Survey: Water|Wastewater
- 30-Day Filings: List | Process | Guidelines for Submitting an Objection
- Changes to IURC Rules and Regulations: Rulemakings
- Utility Rates and Charges:Tariffs
- Inside/Outside City Rate Differential Petitions: click here
- Municipal Water Utilities: Listed Alphabetically | Listed by Date
- Other Utilities: Listed Alphabetically | Listed by Date
Industry Reports and National Issues
- AWWA District Meetings with the IURC: Presentation
- U.S. EPA Rules: Water | Waste
- U.S. EPA Research: Water | Waste
- 2013 Water Utility Resource Report: PDF
Small Utility Resources
- 2017 Small Utility Workshop
- Alternative Regulatory Procedure
- Small Utility Toolkit
- Educational Resources for Small Utilities
- Small Utility Rate Application: Statute | Brochure
- Flood Resilience: A Basic Guide for Water and Wastewater Utilities
Administrative Materials and Forms
PLEASE NOTE: 2017 Annual Report forms will be available shortly. The Division will notify utilities when the new forms are posted.
- Annual Report Filing Process: Forms
- Public Utility Fee Report: Forms
- Water Tracker: Rule | Application
- Wastewater Tracker: Rule | Application
- Distribution System Improvement Charge (DSIC): Rule
For additional information about the water/sewer industries and utility regulation, please click here.