The following tutorials cover specific e-filing topics that take only minutes to learn. As new tutorials become available, they will be posted here. However, when you have technical questions about using your chosen e-filing provider software, you should seek help from your provider.
Tutorials for filers
The following tutorials reflect changes that take effect January 1, 2018. Until that date, Public Service List contacts are managed through your E-filing Service Provider account.
- E-service 101: The Basics of service and creating firm service contacts
- E-service 102: Designating your Public Service List contact through the Indiana Courts Portal
- E-service 103: Creating Service Contacts for Non-Attorney Users and adding them to a case
- E-service 201: How to serve and be served electronically
- E-service 301: Tips for managing e-service at large law firms
- E-service 302: Tips for attorneys with both government and private practice
- E-service 303: Tips for managing multiple e-service contacts for a single attorney
- Setting up a lead attorney for e-filing and e-service in a trial court case
- How to correctly file the Certificate of Service
- Adding multiple filings to one envelope
- Changing law firms? Updating your contact information for e-notice and e-service
Tutorials for courts and clerks
E-filing & Email: What to expect in your inbox.
This infographic [Text version] explains the difference between electronic service through the e-filing system and electronic notice through a court's case management system. When a court issues a document, that document and the email notice you receive do not go through the e-filing system, so the email address where you receive notice may not be the same one where you receive electronic service from another party.