Persons possessing out-of-state court interpreter certification may apply for state reciprocity with the Indiana Supreme Court Division of State Court Administration. The following conditions must be met.
- Reciprocity is available to out-of-state certified interpreters with Federal Certification or State Certification from National Center for State Courts Interpreter Consortium member states.
- Reciprocity will be considered and may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant must file a Request for Reciprocity.
- The out-of-state certification is current in the issuing state or federal program at the time of the Request for Reciprocity.
- The out-of-state certificate is not a temporary, alternative, or conditional certification.
- The applicant successfully passes a criminal history check with the Indiana State Police.
- The applicant takes a sworn oath to uphold the Indiana Court Interpreter Code of Ethics.
NOTE: To open one of the above files in your web browser for printing, simply click the icon corresponding to the version you wish to view. To download one of the above files, right-click the icon corresponding to the version you wish to save, select 'Save Target As' from the context menu that appears, and then select a location on your computer in which to save the document.