The Golden Hoosier Award was established to acknowledge and recognize outstanding seniors for their lifetime of service to their communities. Sponsored by Indiana Lieutenant Governor Sue Ellspermann in collaboration and partnership with the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration, the Golden Hoosier Award is the highest honor bestowed on a senior in Indiana.
The ideal recipient is considered an unsung hero who has not received previous recognition for the impact they have made in the lives of others and the community.
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTING THE GOLDEN HOOSIER AWARD RECIPIENT
- The Golden Hoosier Award recipient must be 65 years of age or older on or before January 1, 2014.
- The Golden Hoosier Award recipient must have contributed at least three (3) years of volunteer experience at any point after reaching 60 years of age.
- The Golden Hoosier Award recipient must have made a positive impact on members of a community, civic organization, or faith-based organization through volunteer efforts.
- The Golden Hoosier Award recipient must be a resident of Indiana.
- Individuals who have received state or national recognition or awards from the State of Indiana should not be nominated for a Golden Hoosier Award. This includes recipients of the Indiana Senior Spotlight Award, Hoosier Lifetime Award, Distinguished Hoosier Award or a Sagamore of the Wabash.
- Nominees and nominators will receive correspondence indicating the status of the nomination.
- Individuals selected to be a 2014 Golden Hoosier Award recipient and/or a representative should plan to attend the awards presentation on Friday, May 30, 2014 in Indianapolis at Fort Benjamin Harrison – Garrison Conference Center, Blue Herron Ballroom.
- The completed official nomination form, photograph of the nominee and liability and photo/video release forms should be submitted by May 2, 2014.
- Nominators may nominate more than one individual. Nominators are required to complete a nomination form for each individual nominated.
Send all completed information via email or in hard copy, to:
Golden Hoosier Awards
c/o Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
402 W. Washington Street, Room W353, MS39
Indianapolis, IN 46204