IN.gov - Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana State Library

Counties N-S Counties N-S

Images from Noble County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Kendallville Juvenile Band, with John L. Gallup serving as drum major and manager and Milo Calkins, leader, 1881.

Post card of Noble County Court House, Albion, ca. 1910.
Courtesy of Auburn Greeting Card Co., Auburn, Indiana. 

Image from Ohio County

Ohio County Court House, ca. 1920.
Gift of Mrs. C. H. Dalimen.  

Images from Orange County

(Click on image for a larger view)

French Lick Hotel and "Pluto", 1906.

Orange County Court House, Paoli.
Photographed by Frank M. Hohenberger . 

Images from Owen County

(Click on image for a larger view)

McCormick Creek State Park, Spencer, July 29, 1964.
Courtesy of the Indiana Department of Conservation.

McCormick Creek State Park, Spencer. A view of the falls and the canyon.
Courtesy of the Indiana Department of Conservation. 

Images from Parke County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Parke County Court House, Rockville, ca. 1883.

Turkey Run State Park.
Courtesy of the Indiana Department of Conservation. 

Images from Perry County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Old Perry County Court House, Rome.
Photographed by Ken Williams.
Courtesy of Indiana Department of Natural Resources.

The Sunlight Hotel was a famous hotel during the Ohio River riverboat era.
Photograph is ca. 1928.

Coyle Saw Mill, Cannelton, 1894.

Ohio River Button Company, Cannelton.
Owned and operated by J. F. Boeffle until ca. 1915.
The people in the photograph are members of the Huber family.

Images from Pike County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Postcard of the M. E. Church, Petersburg, ca. 1915.

Postcard of the Pike County Court House, Petersburg, ca. 1910.

Images from Porter County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Little girl enjoying an ice cream cone at
Indiana Dunes State Park, Chesterton, ca. 1930.
Courtesy of Indiana Department of Conservation.

Indiana Dunes State Park, Chesterton, ca. 1930.
Courtesy of Indiana Department of Conservation.

Post card of the high school, Valparaiso, ca. 1908.

 

Image from Pulaski County

Postcard of Pulaski County Courthouse,  ca. 1914.

Images from Putnam County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Postcard of the Putnam County Court House, Greencastle, ca. 1910.

Postcard of the Music School and Ladies Hall, DePauw University
Greencastle, ca. 1911.

Upper Cataract Falls, ca. 1928.
Photo courtesy of Clyde Volkers.

Images from Randolph County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Union City Band, 1885.

Franklin House, Winchester.
Photographed by Jeremiah Smith, 1880.

Eagle Office, Union City, 1893.
From left to right: W. S. Ensign, Dave Ensign,
Tod Ensign, Billy Reeves, Porter Panghouse, Harry Hooper. 

Images from Ripley County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Photo courtesy of Indiana Department of Conservation.

Photo courtesy of Indiana Department of Conservation. 

Images from Rush County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Rushville Brass Band, Oct. 1908.
 Courtesy of Roy Readle.

Post card of the Rush County Courthouse, Rushville, ca. 1910.

 

Images from St. Joseph County

(Click on image for a larger view)

South Bend High School, built around 1873.

Post card of Notre Dame College, South Bend, ca. 1907.

St. Mary's Convent, Notre Dame, ca. 1905.

St. Joseph County Courthouse.

Images from Scott County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Scott County Court House, ca. 1936.
Courtesy of Phebe Jeffers.

Erection of the Pigeon Roost Massacre Monument, Underwood, Sept. 3, 1903.

Pigeon Roost Massacre Monument, Underwood.
Photo courtesy of Indiana Department of Conservation. 

Images from Shelby County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Shelbyville Ball Park, August 1906.

Shelby County Race Track, 1906.

Thomas A. Hendricks Cabin, Shelbyville.
Photographed by Philip O. Van Blaricum.
Courtesy of Indiana Department of Natural Resources. 

Images from Spencer County

(Click on image for a larger view)

The "Lincoln Oak".
Courtesy of Indiana Department of Conservation.

Picture of the first touring car in Dale and members of the Grand Army of the Republic, ca. 1911.
Photo courtesy of O. V. Brown. 

Images from Starke County

(Click on image for a larger view)

Central House, corner of Main St. and Lake St., Knox, ca. 1906.
The building burnt down in 1909.
Photo courtesy of Mrs. Matthew V. Bonner.

Frank A. Green Drugs and Wallpaper store, Knox, ca. 1903.

Beagle Show, Best View Hotel, Bass Lake.
Photo courtesy of Mrs. Matthew V. Bonner. 

Images from Steuben County

(Click on image for a larger view)

In Knights Templar Regalia,with Thaddeus Kane Miler of Angola in center, ca. 1900.
Courtesy of Willis H. Miller.

Leader of the herd of Buffaloes at Pokagon state park, on Lake James.
Courtesy of the Indiana Department of Conservation. 

Images from Sullivan County

(Click on image for a larger view)

"Shooting Jamison Well, No. 5," Sullivan, ca. 1908.
Photographed by C. U. Williams.

O. W. Collins at center of population for the 1940 census, near Carlisle.
Courtesy of Acme.

Mussel fishers along the Wabash River at Merom.
"Many mussels are taken from the river each year.
Some pearls of value are found and the shells are sold to the button factories."

Images from Switzerland County

(Click on image for a larger view)
 

Switzerland County Courthouse, Vevay.
Courtesy of the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
Photographed by Ken Williams.

"Tater Bug" Zion United Brethren Church, 1929.
Courtesy of Phebe Jeffers.