The purpose of Evergreen Indiana is to provide a multi-library shared integrated library system [ILS].
Evergreen Indiana Goals
- Provide equitable distribution of library resources to all Indiana residents by expanding state of the art access to Indiana library collections.
- Provide and maintain a state of the art network to facilitate and encourage efficient and cost effective lending of library resources throughout the State.
- Establish and maintain an Evergreen Indiana governance structure responsive to the changing needs of Indiana libraries and their patrons.
- Create and maintain an Evergreen Indiana integrated library system for member libraries and develop policies for its operations.
- Provide lending of materials to library patrons through the use of a shared Evergreen Indiana card.
- Train library personnel in Evergreen Indiana policies and procedures and provide for help desk assistance in a timely and responsive manner.
- Develop procedures and policies that will make access to library materials easier for the personnel and patrons of participating libraries.
The Evergreen Indiana Consortium is governed by the members for the members and adheres to the Evergreen Indiana Bylaws
. The governing body, the Executive Committee, is comprised of 9 elected representatives from member libraries. Members of the committee serve a three year term, and rotating elections are carried on each year around the Annual Conference
to fill the positions. Unless announced otherwise, the Evergreen Indiana Executive Committee will meet at the Indiana State Library, at 1:00 p.m., on the second Tuesday, in February, April, June, August, October and December. Members and guests are welcome to attend the meetings.
To support the Executive Committee, subcommittees have been created for Cataloging, Circulation, eContent, Information Technology, and Patron Services. The subcommittees develop policies and procedures which are referred to the Executive Committee for review and approval.
Contact information for all committees and committee members is available on the Communications page.
11/20/2014 — ACG/PDO