Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Julia Cooley Altrocchi Papers
4 mss boxes
Return to the Alphabetical List of All Online Finding Aids
Revised by: Jennifer Duplaga, February 2005
Altrocchi was a Berkeley, California poet, novelist, and lecturer. She was the author of Wolves against the Moon, a novel based upon the life of Joseph Bailly (1774-1835), a northwestern Indiana Indian trader.
The collection consists of papers relating to Wolves against the Moon, including research correspondence and notes, a manuscript of the book, reviews and correspondence with Harold S. Latham and others at the Macmillan Company, the book’s publisher. Also included are notes and a manuscript on the Fort Dearborn massacre.
1. Research and notes, 1933-1936
2. Newspaper Clippings, 1936
3. Research and notes, 1937-Mar. 1939
4. Research and notes, April-December 1939
5. Research and notes, January-March 1940
1. Research and notes, April-May 1940
2. Research and notes, June-December 1940
3. Research and notes, 1941-1949
4. Research and notes, 1950-1955
1. Research and notes, 1956-1957
2. Research and notes, 1958-1959
3. Pictures and Manuscripts, n.d.
1. Original Manuscript of Novel
2. Original Manuscript of Novel
3. Original Manuscript of Novel
4. Original Manuscript of Novel
5. Original Manuscript of Novel
Size of Collection: 4 mss boxes
Collection Dates: 1933-1958
Provenance: Inez School, 8 Mar. 1982
Reproduction Rights: Permission to reproduce, exhibit, or publish material in this collection must be obtained from the Manuscript Section, Indiana State Library.
Alternate formats: None
Related Holdings: None
Manuscript materials CANNOT be photocopied or digitized in their entirety. Photocopies and/or digital images cannot exceed 25% of a collection or a folder within a collection. In some cases, photocopying may not be permitted due to the condition of the item. Check with a Manuscript Librarian for other options.