From the Summiton 8/9/2012
- Summit on the Unserved Part 2 Presentation
- "The Economic Impact of Libraries in Indiana." Indiana business Research Center. Nov. 2007.
- Eighty-nine percent of Indiana community and business leaders agree that public libraries “significantly improve the local quality of life.”[agree 30% + strongly agree 59%] (p.40, table 20)
- Seventy-two percent of Indiana community and business leaders agree that public libraries “significantly contribute to local economic prosperity” [agree 34% + strongly agree 38%]
- Sixty-eight percent agree that public libraries “increase local residential property values” [48% agree + 20% strongly agree]
From the Summit on 7/11/12
LDO SS 9-24-2013