Telecom Tips & Publications
The OUCC offers a wide range of publications to help consumers understand their telecommunications services.
While the OpenLines Telecommunications Consumer Handbook is no longer available online, updated information from the handbook is available through the links on this page.
Telephone Rate Deregulation
- Telephone Rate Deregulation: Info on Changes Effective July 1, 2009
- Cable Television: Regulation and Consumer Concerns
- Indiana Area Codes
- Prepaid Calling Cards
- Shopping for Phone Service
- Understanding Your Phone Bill
- Wireless Service Coverage
External Link: FCC Brochure
- Wireless 9-1-1 Coverage
External Link: Indiana Statewide 911 Board
- Wireless Local Number Portability
External Link: FCC Information
- 2-1-1 Information Referral Service
External Link: Indiana 211 Partnership
- 7-1-1 Telephone Relay Service
External Link: Relay Indiana (InTRAC)
- 8-1-1: Call Before You Dig!
- Public Interest Payphones