Information Pertaining To Examination
To obtain an application for a license to practice occupational therapy or a certificate to practice occupational therapy assisting in the state of Indiana, you may download the application from the website.
Examination applicants must submit the following to the Professional Licensing Agency:
- Completed application with $100.00 application fee.
- Two (2) recent passport type photographs of the applicant, approximately two (2) inches by two (2) inches in size.
- An official (certified) transcript of grades from the school the applicant obtained his or her degree that shows the degree has been conferred. Transcripts must come directly from the degree granting institution. Graduates of a foreign program must submit an official translation if the transcript is not in English.
- A notarized copy of a marriage certificate or an official affidavit indicating any legal name change, if your name differs from that on any documents.
- A score report submitted directly to the Committee from the NBCOT.
- Notarized copy of Diploma or an original letter from the school indicating that the applicant has completed al requirements for the degree (listing degree) and has graduated on (list date of graduation). This letter must have an original signature and be signed by the program director/dean of the program.
- Criminal Background Check (CBC) - all applicants must obtain a criminal background check prior to a license or temporary permit being issued. Please note that a CBC may only be obtained after you have been notified that we have received your application. If it is obtained prior to our receiving your application it cannot be accepted and you will be required to do a new one.
How to apply for NBCOT certification examinations: All examination candidates must request the NBCOT certification examination application directly from the NBCOT. You may contact the NBCOT at 301-990-7979 or visit their website at http://www.nbcot.org/ for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications and documentation will not be returned to you.
Fees are not refundable.
Please refer to the application for detailed information.