Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Renewal information may be obtained by contacting the Respiratory Care Committee. Please be sure to provide your name, current address and license number with any written correspondence.
Expired Licenses - Penalty Fees
A licensee my reinstate a respiratory care license up to three (3) years after the expiration date by paying a late fee of $50.00 in addition to the renewal fee of $50.00, for a total fee of $100.00. You may renew online at PLA Online Services or contact our office to request an application.
Expired Licenses - After Three (3) Years
If your respiratory care license has been expired for three (3) years or more you must contact the Respiratory Care Committee for an application. You will be required to complete the following:
1. Completion of reinstatement application.
2. Payment of a Reinstatement Fee (Current renewal fee plus the current application fee): $100.00
3. Proof of continuing education for the time period the license has been expired. (See chart below.)
4. Submission of list of employment and what you have been doing in respiratory care since the expiration of your license.
5. The Committee may require you to appear ffor further review of your request for reinstatement of your license.
6. The Committee may require you to retake and pass the current entry level National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) examination with proof of the current examination results submitted to the Committee. If this is required please contact the NBRC at:
National Board of Respiratory Care, Inc.
10801 Mastin Street, Suite 300
Overland Park, KS 66210-1614
Telephone: (913) 895-4900
Fax: (913) 712-9283
Web Site: http://www.nbrc.org/
Continuing Education Requirements
Information regarding continuing education requirements is located at the Committee's website. Below is a chart of how many continuing education hours you may be required to complete in order to renew your license based upon the expiration date:
|LICENSE EXPIRED||CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS REQUIRED|
|December 31, 1992||180*|
|December 31, 1994||180|
|December 31, 1996||165|
|December 31, 1998||150|
|December 31, 2000||135|
|December 31, 2002||120|
|December 31, 2004||105|
|December 31, 2006||90|
|December 31, 2008||75|
|December 31, 2010||60|
|December 31, 2012||45|
|December 31, 2014||30|
|December 31, 2016||15|
*Respiratory care practitioners were not required to complete continuing education for the renewal of their license in 1992.