Continuing Education Requirements
Speech-language pathologists and audiologists are required to have completed thirty-six (36) hours of continuing education for each two-year renewal cycle.
A person who was issued an original license between the dates of January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 is only required to complete eighteen (18) hours of continuing education for the current renewal cycle. A person who is issued an initial license after January 1, 2017, is not required to submit any continuing education for this renewal cycle.
Continuing education clock hours must be obtained within the biennial renewal period and may not be carried over from one renewal cycle to another.
CONTINUING EDUCATION ACTIVITIES
The continuing education requirement may be satisfied by participating in the following activities:
- Educational programs presented by state scientific and professional organizations.
- University courses taken beyond those required for initial licensure if the course content pertains to the practice of speech-language pathology or audiology.
- Lectures or workshops, live or recorded telecast, if the educational program is relevant to the practice of speech-language pathology or audiology.
SELF-STUDY CONTINUING EDUCATION
Self-study shall include the following:
- journals and books;
- audio tapes
- films and video tapes;
- visits to facilities;
- meetings with other professionals and
- writing articles for publication.
However, the learning experiences derived from the above must pertain to the practice of speech-language pathology or audiology and no more than six (6) hours of the continuing education requirement may be acquired though self-study.
If you have any questions regarding the approval of continuing education programs you may contact the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency by writing to: 402 West Washington Street, Room W072, Indianapolis, IN 46204; by telephone at (317) 234-2067 or by email at email@example.com