- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana Professional Licensing Agency

PLA > Professions > Occupational Therapy Committee > Renewal Information Renewal Information

  • Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy Assistant licenses expire December 31 of even-numbered years.
  • The renewal fee for Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants is $100.
  • Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy Assistants are required to obtain eighteen (18) hours of continuing competency prior to renewal. For more information regarding CC please visit our continuing competency requirements page.

Renewal notices are sent approximately sixty (60) days prior to the expiration date. License holders with valid email addresses on file will be emailed the renewal notice. Those who do not have valid email addresses on file will be mailed the renewal notice; this notice is mailed to the address of record with the Committee. The Committee has no way of knowing whether or not a notice reaches its destination; therefore, when a notice has been mailed to a valid email address or mailed, the duty of the Committee has been performed.

Online renewal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most license renewals. Online renewal takes only minutes, and your renewal will be processed and available for verification the next business day.

Paper Renewal Documents

To renew your license by paper, you must select a document below. Print and mail the completed form with the required renewal fee to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. The address is on the form, and checks should be made out to 'Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.' If your license has been expired for more than three (3) years or the license renewal renewal form you need is not available, please contact the Committee by email at

OT/OTA Renewal Form

CE Sponsor - OT (Paper Renewal Only)

Address Change - You are required to notify the Professional Licensing Agency of any address changes. You can change your address online during the renewal process or at anytime using the License Express option. You can also notify our office in writing. Your written notification must include your name, license number, profession, social security number, date of birth, and both your old and new addresses. Please send the information to the Professional Licensing Agency at 402 West Washington Street, Room W072, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204, e-mail at, or fax it to (317) 233-4236.

Name Change - You may have the name changed on your licensure records by submitting a copy of an official name change document such as a marriage certificate or a divorce decree.  Please send the information to the Professional Licensing Agency at 402 West Washington Street, Room W072, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204, or fax the information to (317) 233-4236. You also need to include your name as it is listed now, your new name, your license number, profession. If you wish to print a free pocket card or purchase a pocket card due to the name change, you can order that under our License Express Option.