Please wait for the Email notice. Do not submit to a criminal background check until you receive an email notifying you that the board has received your application. A criminal background check (CBC) completed prior to the submission of an application for licensure will not be considered valid. An application is not considered “received” until it is manually entered into the IPLA licensing system by board staff. An email is sent out notifying you that the application is in our system and you are eligible for the CBC. If an application is not received before scheduling a CBC, the applicant will be required to submit to another check resulting in additional fees. As stated, you will receive an email from your board notifying you that you are eligible for the CBC.
Fingerprint rejections may lead to delay. If your fingerprints are rejected two (2) times by the FBI, you will be required to submit a written verification to complete your criminal background check. This written verification process can take up to six (6) weeks or longer to complete once the written verification form is received. Fingerprint rejections occur for different reasons including the prolonged use of hand sanitizer and the wearing of latex gloves. IPLA does not conduct or administer the criminal background checks and cannot assist you with expediting the process.
Follow the simple steps outlined below to complete the fingerprinting process (for a printable PDF of these instructions, click here):
- Once you receive the email from the board notifying you that your application has been received, go to http://www.identogo.com and choose Indiana.
- If you do not have access to the internet, you may call MorphoTrust toll-free at (877) 472-6917 to schedule an appointment. If you call, you will be asked for demographic and personal information instead of completing these steps yourself.
- Click Online Scheduling and choose the language you wish to use for scheduling (English or Spanish).
- Enter your first and last name and click “go”.
- Choose your Agency Name Professional Licensing Agency and click “go”.
- Choose the correct Applicant Category for your license type and click “go”.
- Select the location where you want to be fingerprinted. You may choose a region of the state, by clicking on the map, or entering a zip code to view a list of locations in a specific area. Press “go”.
- Click on the words “Click to Schedule” across from the location you want, under the day you wish to be fingerprinted. If you want a date further in the future, click the “Next Week>>” link to display more dates. Once you select the location/date combination, select the time for your appointment and click “go”.
- Complete the demographic information page. Required fields are indicated by a red asterisk (*). When complete, click “Send Information”.
- Confirm the information by following the on screen directions to make any changes necessary. Once you review and verify the data is correct, click “Send Information”.
- Complete your payment process and click “Send Payment Information”.
- Print your confirmation page. If you provided an email address, you will receive an email confirmation as well.
- Bring one (1) of the following with you to your fingerprinting appointment:
- valid driver license;
- valid state issued identification card;
- valid passport;
- student identification card with picture and date of birth (DOB);
- work identification card with picture and DOB; or
- valid alien identification card with picture and DOB.
If you do not have the above identification, you will need both a valid birth certificate and a social security card.
- Arrive at the facility at your appointed date and time.
- The enrollment officer at the site will check your ID, verify your information, verify or collect payment, capture your fingerprints, and submit your data. This normally takes less than five minutes.
- You will receive a signed receipt at the end of your fingerprinting session, which can be provided to your agency for proof of fingerprinting, if needed.
- All results will be processed and delivered to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. MorphoTrust is never in possession of criminal record data results.