The two types of error corrections are uncorrected errors and processed records errors.
- Uncorrected errors are records that were flagged after the validation process of the file upload. These prescription records were rejected and did not make it into the database with the other records contained in the file, and are not visible on INSPECT Rx History Reports. Typically, the record is missing or has invalid information or a missing segment.
- Errors within processed records made it through the validation process, and are visible on the INSPECT Rx History Reports. These errors occurred at the pharmacy level when incorrect information is entered into the pharmacy software system.
Upload Error Correction
It is the responsibility of each Pharmacy to correct ALL outstanding errors from file submissions to remain compliant with the Indiana Board of Pharmacy. Prescription records marked "uncorrected errors" do not make it into the INSPECT database.
The PMP WebCenter will validate each record and reject only those records which do not meet the validation requirements. Processing time takes 24 hours. Please be sure to check back the next day to view if your file processed successfully and if there were any errors. The pharmacy can view and correct each rejected prescription record through the PMP WebCenter.
The following guide are step-by-step instructions on how to correct outstanding errors from file submissions:
Correcting Processed Prescription Records
These types of errors occur when incorrect information has been reported to INSPECT, and those records have gone through the validation process and are visible on INSPECT Rx History Reports.
RX was attributed to the wrong prescriber or wrong DEA was entered
Patient's name or date of birth was entered incorrectly
Prescription was returned to stock
You will first need to make the corrections in the pharmacy’s software system. Then you will need to make corrections in the PMP WebCenter to correct the reported prescription within INSPECT.
- To remedy this situation, go to the ‘Prescription Maintenance’ page under the 'Data Management' menu.
- Search for the prescription by Prescription Number, Prescriber DEA, Date Filled or any combination of these criteria, to locate the record which contains the errant information.
- You can then update the information by clicking on the prescription in question, correcting the information, checking the authorization check box, and clicking the ‘Save’ button.
If you have any trouble completing this process or questions regarding error correction, please contact the INSPECT Helpdesk for assistance:
Helpdesk Support: (844) 446-4767
INSPECT Helpdesk E-mail: INRxReport@appriss.com