- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

State Employees' Appeals Commission

State Employees' Appeals Commission

SEAC > How do I file a Civil Service Complaint? How do I file a Civil Service Complaint?

Complaints are filed with SEAC at Step III under the Civil Service System at the address below. IC 4-15-2.2-42. SEAC cannot give legal advice. However, helpful information (including the Civil Service Complaint Form) can be found in the Guide to the SEAC Appeals Process and on the Indiana State Personnel Department’s website at:

State Employees’ Appeals Commission
Indiana Government Center North
Room N501
100 N. Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Telephone – (317) 232-3135
Fax – (317) 233-9372.

Complainants/parties are cautioned that there are strict timeliness deadlines to file complaints with the agency (Step I), SPD (Step II) and SEAC (Step III) under the Act. There are also subject matter restrictions in the Act on what claims SEAC may hear. Failure to follow the Act’s timeliness, subject matter and other statutory requirements may result in the dismissal or default of a complaint. IC 4-15-2.2. Retaliation against state employees who file SEAC complaints or who are called as SEAC witnesses is prohibited. Contact your Agency HR representative or SPD if you think retaliation has occurred.