- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Division of Student Financial Aid

SFA > Awards/Scholarships - By Program > Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities > Student Teaching for Minorities FAQ Student Teaching for Minorities FAQ

  1. The application asks me to enter the school code where I will be student teaching. Where can I find this information?
    • Students can search for the school code on the Indiana Department of Education website by clicking HERE. On the stipend application, students should provide the four digit school code listed after the name of the school. Students should not provide the school corporation number, which is also available on this website.
  2. Do you have to be an Indiana resident to receive the Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities?
    • Yes, a student must be an Indiana resident in order to receive this Stipend.
  3. Is the stipend program available to graduate students?
    • No, in order to receive the Stipend a student must be pursuing his or her first bachelor degree.
  4. Can a student receive both the Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities and the Student Teaching Stipend for High-Need Fields? 
    • Yes, a student may appy for and receive both Stipends if all eligibility requirements are met.