Files are in a tab-delimited format; each contains all new incorporations filed with the Secretary of State for the selected month. We have used Microsoft Excel to illustrate how to open the file, but it may be opened in any program that recognizes generic tab-delimited text formatted files.
- Save the file to your PC by clicking on the file name.
- Start MS Excel.
- Choose "Open" under the file menu.
- Make sure to select "all files" on the "files of type" drop-down menu on the "Open" screen.
- Locate and double-click on the file you saved.
- The Text Import Wizard will guide you through the import process; click on next, making any necessary choices, until you "finish"
- The information should be displayed in a new Excel spreadsheet. You may need to adjust column widths to accommodate the information. Information can be re-sorted to your preference. Refer to the file format to interpret the column headings.