Answer Key: Chapter Eight
CHAPTER 8: VOTING METHODS
1. CORRECT ANSWER: B. Hand counted ballots, optical scan ballots, and direct-record electronic machines or touch screen machines are commonly used in Indiana elections.
2. CORRECT ANSWER: D. All of the above. More information on voting machines in use in Indiana can be found in your poll worker training manual, at your county’s voter registration office, and on the Secretary of State’s website.
3. CORRECT ANSWER: C. Hand counted ballots are used mostly during smaller, local elections in Indiana.
4. CORRECT ANSWER: D. All of the above. To find out what voting machines are used in your county, attend a training session offered by the county election board, ask the county election board by phone or in person, or ask an experienced poll worker in your county.
5. CORRECT ANSWER: D. All of the above. To familiarize yourself with the voting machines in use in your county, attend training sessions offered by the county election board, volunteer to help with early voting, and ask your county election board for more training if it is available.