Answer Key: Chapter Eleven
CHAPTER 11: CLOSING THE POLLS
1. CORRECT ANSWER: A. Polls close on Election Day in Indiana at 6:00pm prevailing local time.
2. CORRECT ANSWER: C. The inspector should announce the closing of the polls.
3. CORRECT ANSWER: D. Only people left in the chute or already in the process of voting may still vote after the inspector announces the closing of the polls.
4. CORRECT ANSWER: A. The voting machines should be locked or voting systems disassembled and the polling place should be returned to its original setting after all voters have voted.
5. CORRECT ANSWER: C. Only authorized election officials and watchers are allowed inside the polling place after it is closed.
6. CORRECT ANSWER: B. All election materials should be returned to the county election board office by the inspector and a judge of the opposite political party as quickly as possible after polls close.