Collection Agency Licensing
- All new Collection Agency applications and renewals are processed through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (“NMLS”)
- Click here to go to the NMLS
- Bond Application
- Indiana Collection Agency Licensing Affidavit
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
If you believe that you have been the victim of a violation of the FDCPA you may contact the Indiana Attorney General Consumer Protection Division.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the initial application requirements?
- Collection Agency application filed through the NMLS
- $5,000 original surety bond for each location
- $100 filing fee for main office
- $30 filing fee for each branch office
What are the renewal application requirements?
- Renewal application packet is due by December 1 of the year in which the license expires
- Requirements to renew the license is the same for obtaining an initial license
What is the licensing period?
- A license expires on December 31st of the year in which the license was issued.
- Collection Agency licenses must be renewed annually.