Now That You Are a State Government Employee...
Before Your First Day
- Make sure you keep a copy of the offer letter -- this will allow you to park in one of the parking facilities.
- Complete all the new employee forms located on this Web site
- Gather all of your original employment eligibility documents -- For a list of acceptable documents click here (and scroll to page 5)
- Review Benefits information
- Gather your dependent/beneficiary information (name, address, SSN, etc.)
Your First Day
- Bring a copy of the New Employee Checklist
- Bring all the items listed above to the location mentioned in your offer letter
- Bring SSN's, names, birthdates, phone numbers, addresses of all your emergency contacts, dependents and beneficiaries you wish to cover within your benefit package
Your First Two Weeks
- You should meet with your manager to discuss office operations and performance expectations
- Sign up for benefits
- Receive position specific training
- Know time reporting responsibilities
- Secure business cards & other needed supplies
- Meet with other staff & departments as necessary
- Sign up and complete Information Resource User Agreement (IRUA) and Ethics Training
- Review the Employee Handbook
Did You Know?
Onboarding is a celebration of new employees' commitment to public service. As a new Indiana State Government Employee, we welcome and thank you for choosing to serve our Hoosiers!