The Indiana State Fair and Dow AgroSciences have partnered with the Indiana Association of Fairs (INAF) and Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) to implement a Farmers Care County Food Drive. The goal of Farmers Care is to raise awareness of local hunger needs and help feed Hoosiers impacted by hunger needs. FAIRs Care taps the passion and ingenuity of county fairs to ensure impact is felt statewide.
- 1 in 6 Hoosier and more than 1 in 5 Hoosier children is at risk of hunger (22%)
- More than 1.1 million people, including more than 319,800 children, receive emergency food each year through the member food banks of Feeding Indiana’s Hungry.
- 33% of food bank clients are children under the age of 18
- 77% of food bank clients report having to choose between paying for food or paying their utilities/fuel bills.
- Every $1 raised provides multiple meals.
1. Upon the successful completion of the food drive and submission of a final report on donations raised by July 31, 2015 to the Indiana State Fair, the top 5 of all participating county fairs will receive $200 to put towards a future hunger initiative.
2. We will announce the Top 5 performing Food Drives on Dow AgroSciences Farmers Day, Wednesday, August 19th.
3. Please visit the Harvest Pavilion during the Indiana State Fair to see a display of Farmers Care.
THANK YOU to the following counties that have signed up
to participate in the 2015 Farmers Care!