Citizens Water & Sewer Rates
The IURC has approved orders setting new rates for Citizens Energy Group's water and sewer utilities.
Water rate case
The IURC issued its order in the Citizens Water rate case on April 20, 2016.
The agreement approves a 16 percent increase in the utility's water rates, as agreed to by the OUCC, Citizens, and additional parties in December 2015. Citizens had requested a 22 percent increase in its initial testimony.
To view the IURC's public file, click here and enter Cause Number 44644.
OUCC news releases:
- December 2015: Settlement agreement
- October 2015: Litigation testimony
- August 2015: Inviting consumer comments
Sewer rate case & subdocket
The IURC issued its sewer rate order for Citizens on July 18, 2016.
The order approved, with modifications, a settlement agreement among the OUCC, industrial customers, and Citizens. For a summary of the agreement, please see the OUCC's March 10, 2016 news release.
To view the IURC's public file, click here and enter Cause Number 44685.
The OUCC issued a January 4, 2016 news release inviting consumer comments. An IURC public field hearing was held on January 12, 2016.
Issues pertaining to seven satellite, or wholesale, customers of Citizens' sewer utility were considered in an IURC subdocket (Cause No. 44685-S1).
- The IURC issued a July 26, 2017 order approving a settlement agreement among the OUCC, the City of Greenwood, the City of Lawrence, Ben Davis Conservancy District, and Citizens.
- The OUCC filed testimony supporting the agreement on March 30, 2017.
- To view the IURC's public file for the subdocket, click here.
- In a separate subdocket (Cause No. 44685-S2), the IURC is considering matters specifically pertaining to the Town of Whitestown.
- Citizens also provides wholesale sewage disposal service to the City of Beech Grove, Hamilton Southeastern Utilities, Inc., and Tri-County Conservancy District.
Other Citizens cases
- Citizens Thermal Energy rates (Cause No. 44349)
- IURC investigation (Cause No. 44462)
- Transfer of Indianapolis water & sewer utilities (Cause No. 43936)
For Additional Information: